Re: Problems with students? Check out TAB-Choice Art Education

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 12:55:00 PST

Thanks Sue for highlighting this one aspect. I did
answer Sue off list. If anyone would like to know what
I told Sue - feel free to ask using my Road Runner
address. That was a good idea Sue -- anyone who would
like to "hear" my opinion on a topic - please cc your
list post to me. I knew Sue would like to read my
point of view because I also got her message
personally.

I will share answers folks come up with.

> just indicative of the
> student population today??

Yes a lot of it IS the student population today. It is
hard to get them to listen. Maybe we should work
harder to give then things they want to hear? It is
hard for them to decide what is really important. If
we went for big ideas - maybe we would get somewhere?
My little "Art Room Culture" ran pretty
smoothly....but that is mostly because I wanted to see
change in the "Real World".... If you want change -
you start in your own little worlds first.....or put
up with your woes (smile)....but just be careful you
don't show how happy you are when you have discovered
how to make your own little world work. Others will
not like your success! Keep it a secret (smile).

> just indicative of the
> student population today??

What has some adult somewhere done to screw up these
kids? There is a lot of undoing we have to do with ART
and through ART. ART is the only subject that really
CAN help. Find a way and find your answers.

Judith Decker