Re: AEN hs rant

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 07:25:20 PST

again... late to the party (job search is taking a lot of my time)

I never meant to jump on anybody or to step on any toes, so please accept my
apology if I did. I believe if you read my post on the defense of 'care
bears' I think you'll also see that I said 'as long as they are using
construction methods and not just straight copying'

Copying annoys me 2 (although I allow it during free time in my ELEMENTARY
classes =D)

Another thing that has been hard for me (I've adapted to it a lot better
through the help of my wife--a 1st grade teacher) is that they are KIDS and
sometimes KIDS will be KIDS. I know both my students and I have been MUCH
happier since I started thinking more along those lines. I think this
applies to K-Adult.... sometimes even we need that silly, pointless, time
wasting project.

Donald Peters

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar get it now!