New Lesson Plans on Incredible Art Department -Sculpture-Ceramics

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 17:54:54 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Dana Riggleman has sent in three sculpture/craft lesson plans for you to
view-download-tweak.
Adapt them to your needs - but remember the original author (especially if
you put the plan on your site).

Garden Stained Glass Tiles (cement cast with stained glass design)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Dana-Tiles.doc

Ceramic Relief Sculpture - after Art History work:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Dana-Relief.doc
(There is one ceramic relief lesson on IAD - I will add this to it if Dana
sends a student sample)

Two Animals - Ceramic Textured - and Minimal (choice of materials)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Dana-Animals.doc
I am hoping she will have a couple examples to share for this one.
Expressing one theme in different ways was one of the goals of our
curriculum guide. I'd like to see some student minimal examples.
See this site she uses: http://www.nickmackman.com/index.html

AND one that has been on the site for a while - not in a complete plan yet -
but a good one for this week.
Story Pots - http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/story.htm
Ceramics inspired by children's literature (idea orginalted from Micahl
austin) These are by Linda Erling-Bakers' students...Just wait till you see
some from THIS YEAR! I will get thte plan on after we see a couple of the
new ones.

I would like for those who download these lesson plans to give me some
feedback. Thanks goes to Dana Riggleman paintingchick@yahoo.com (Dana I saw
a work by you on the Art Educators web site - nice work!).

All lesson plans that come to Incredible Art Department get shared....Now I
need to think about conserving space - so not all stay on the site forever.
I save them and send them out again when they are needed.
This summer - I'll recycle everything that has been taken off.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources