Clay and long discussion thanks

---------

From: lia (johns392_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 07:44:25 PST

about clay purchasing: To some degree it depends on what you teach and how
much clay do in a year. For K-5 my goal was at least one...and often two
projects a year. I bought about a half a pound per student....the older
kids use a bit more than that...and the younger kids less. I split
this...usually buying more red clay and some white clay. It worked for
me. Glaze was bought by how much money I had left.....I did a lot of
projects with alternate decorating techniques or no glaze at all.....due
to the cost of nice glazes and my dislike of really cheap ones. Hope that
helps ...lia

I want to ditto the thanks for the long posts that get us thinking. Most
especially recently I have enjoyed hearing about choice based art education
and centers....and things that get to the essence of what we are
about. That isn't entirely the same for all of us...but I value the
learning and thinking so many of you offer up....Thanks! lia