Thanks for making us think !! Patty , Larry, Judy, Jan, Pam etc. )

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 04:01:35 PST

Hi All,
I want to start out this first day of March Youth Art Month by thanking all those who post and respond to those big questions !
The "what we do and why we do what we do".
Incredible Art Education discussions about theory, history, motivation, politics and research in all areas
(i.e. the past thread on brain research).
It is very easy to get caught up in our bubbles of deadlines and displays, problems and maladies.
As we teach it is so very important not to lose sight of the larger questions.

So I say thank you to those list members who make us consider those larger areas and make us really reflect on what we are doing, why we are doing it and what else we can possibly do to make Art education function in the dynamic way that only quality Art Education can.

To those who feel that their time and posts are not valued here. Just remember for every one of us who post, there are hundreds of quiet others who presently, (and thanks to the Artsednet Archives) in the future will benefit from your information. Be it rant, research, technical info, or the all important stress busters.

Please keep posting and keep up the good work, in making Artsednet the absolutely invaluable jewel that it is !!
Very appreciative,
Christine Besack :)

(Posted to the Yahoo list also for those who are not currently on AEN.)

---