Re: classroom organization

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 16:40:29 PST

What used to really drive me insane was wanting to get one piece of a
specific color of paper.
Except that the piece was usually at the bottom of four packages of
assorted colors!

This took a little of my time, but it's been worth it. I chose two of my
storage closet shelves and cleared them off. I then took masonite panels
and, using brackets, screwed them onto the back of each shelf.
I measured the panels so they are about 1/2" shorter in height than the
height of the interior shelf space.
Each panel is spaced about 3" apart.

This allows me to segregate colors and paper stock efficiently. I can fish
out one piece of color that a kid needs to finish a collage without tearing
apart the whole closet.

Another art teacher friend of mine found some old O'Cedar broom and mop
display stands. They're double-tiered, and she uses them for brush storage.

Hope this makes sense--I find that the longer I teach art, the more I want
to draw as I explain!
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---