Adventures in Art

---------

From: Merrilee Gladkosky (MGladkosky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 07:58:46 PST

I use the Adventures in Art by Davis Publications as a base curriculum,
especially for grades K-12. I really, really have liked using it this
year. I had the money, and purchased it for the classroom. Ibought 6
books for each grade level 3-6 from a used book dealer. I just happened
to find them. That gives me one reference book for each table. I don't
use the program as is, but it sure gives me a good basis to build on for
elements of art. The years are very sequential, advancing skills a bit
at a time...sometimes those lessons from year to year don't change a
great deal, just a little, but I've found it very helpful. I was
getting a little too far off the beaten track. Is anyone else using
this series. I add and subtract what I want. The best part are the big
books. Wish they made them for each grade leve.

I would love to discuss this with anyone interested!
Merrilee Gladkosky, CT
mgladkosky@chester,k12.ct.us

---