Re: how to introduce color.

---------

From: Amy (ashapley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 07:28:31 PST

at thanksgiving time one year i did a really fun project with my seventh
graders involving the color wheel.
community service is a componet of our curriculum and our kids do a
thanksgiving dinner for the ronald mcdonald house in kansas city.

we went on a field trip to the grocery store (kids brought in donations)
and i separated the group into the six color families. we bought snack
foods (ready to eat, fruit, etc) in packages of each of the six colors
families, and arranged them in a circle on a table in the lobby for the
families to snack on throughout the day.

it was very memorable and when the kids come back from high school for
visits, its one of the things they all talk about loving.

---