Re: scissors and safety

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 07:26:21 PST

Our school is small and full of pretty straight kids. We had a student
transfer in because his parents wanted him to get away from some gangs in
his other school. He turned out to be a good artist and a really
mild-mannered "teddy bear." One day, while etching a Sister Wendy video he
queried thoughtfully, "How come in art class we can use knives and see
naked people? I mean I like it, but..." I just smiled and put my finger to
my lips..."Shhhhh."

It is good to have a certain latitude and open-mindedness.
Christa

---