Re: classroom organization

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 05:21:06 PST

Re:
IDEAS FOR ORGANIZING THE ART ROOM

A board for scissors with a painted silhouette for each pair so students
know where to return them and you can tell at a glance, without counting,
when they are missing.

Ditto for any project set-up. During printmaking, each printing station is
set up on a paper covered counter and I draw a marker outline around each
piece of equipment. It is easy to see what is missing, but it also reminds
the student to return the brayer or wooden spoon to the place. Sometime
they honestly forget that they have left it in the sink, and the
silhouettes remind them.

In HS, during a ceramics unit, I print a class roster and everyday assign
one student to supervising the sink clean-up and another student is in
charge of the clay room. I mark the list with a "C" or an "S" and there is
not arguement. They are happy to do this job so long as it is fairly spread
around.

That's a few for now.
Christa

---