ready for supply and internet teaching

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 19:11:16 PST

Some help for those too tired to prepare for a supply and A request from a
hong kong teacher.
I always keep a binder marked supply teacher on top of my day book when I
leave for the day. There are about 10 page dividers with a section for
school routines , procedures, fire exits etc and then a welcome to my room
sheet with brief outline of routines for my room , then there is a section
for each day of the week. So for monday there is a teaching schedule with
duties etc and seating plans for each class and a photocopy of one off
lessons for each class for that day and where to find the materials and
copies for the class. ( I have standup magazine holder with all the copies).
This has come in so handy, for the past 10 years I used to drag myself in
and not phone in sick because I didn't have the strength to put this
together at the end of a day when I was sick. Hope someone can use this. As
you may have heard Hong kong is in the midst of a crisis with the deadly
pneumonia outbreak. Schools have been cancelled and everyone is huddled at
home or wearing masks on the streets. Teachers are required to come to
school and are to do e-teaching via the internet. I teach grades 6,7 and 8
and would really appreciate some ideas. My grade 8's have just finished a
research project so I don't want to research them out - anything on- line
about figure drawing or any other ideas? As for my seven's I am open to
almost anything. My sixes have just finished a unit on Picasso and we were
going to do research on the impressionists but hey, I'm desperate and open
to any suggestions. I would normally just go directly to the treasure trove
that Judy Decker created but I can't get in at the moment. Something about
the server? Please send to the list as others may be in this situation.
Ontario has closed two hospitals so far and there have been cases reported
elsewhere. Please send anything you think could help. Schools may be closed
for sometime as the infected rate and death rates go up daily. Many thanks,
catharine( now wearing a surgical mask) in Hong Kong