Re: trash file

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 17:32:28 PST

Yes, as long as the e-mails are sitting in your trash bin they are taking up
room. They can be viewed while in your Netscape program (not the trash can
on your desktop). You have to physically empty your trashcan periodically -
I haven't used Netscape in years, but click the tabs on top - there should
be something along the lines of "empty deleted messages". They are now no
longer taking up room on your mail program. To completely eliminate them
from your system you need to do a disk defrag - preferably at least once a
month.
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> This seems to be my weekend for getting up my nerve to ask naive
> questions. Here's another, totally unrelated to my liability question.
> As you know, I'm new to this list-- I remember the old days when I
> could register and participate as interest/time permitted via the Getty
> site. But this list subscription thing -- What I want to know is --- as
> you delete postings and they go to a trash bin somewhere, aren't they
> still taking up room on your hard drive? (I told you I was new.) I'm
> using Netscape 7, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to
> access the trash bin to see if it has a zillion bytes of artsednet talk.
> Any unsarcastic information/advice will be appreciated. J. p.s. Did
> I mention I was old?

---