RE: trash file

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 17:10:27 PST

J.

What operating system are you using?

If Windows (most any version), anything you delete should go into the
"Recycle Bin". And there they will sit until they are permanently
disposed of. Of course, there's the school of thought that maintains
that no files are ever completely deleted (they are just "renamed",
usually with a "~" sign in front them). But if you do a "Disk Cleanup"
(Under "Program Files" - "Accessories" - "System Tools"), this will
allow you to get rid of most of them, along with Temporary Internet
Files, Cookies, Downloaded Programs, and other junk.

Give all that a try and if it seems to help, then follow up with a "Disk
Defragment" under the same "System Tools".

If you want more help off list, just drop me a line.

(Another old dog who started with mainframes in the 60's, completely
missed the pc boom, and has been pulling himself up by his bootstraps
ever since the 80's!)

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

---