Re: trash file

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 16:46:17 PST

Talking Trash,
        My bin had 16,000 pieces of mail in it before I dumped it.
I think it had to make some room for memory. I too use Netscape,
but mine is an older version 4.79 (I like it). On the left side of
my Messenger window (e-mail) is a vertical list of folders under
Local Mail:
At the top is "inbox", then "unsent messages", then "drafts",
then "templates", then "sent" and then "trash", below that is
a host of folders I created to put various messages in.

Double click on the "trash" and all the titles in your trash should
appear. I have 4964 messages in my trash now of which 4206 are
unread. Click on the top message to highlight it while holding down
your shift key. Then while still holding down the shift key click on
a title further down the list. This should highlight everything in
between. Then hit the delete key and they should all vanish.
You could go all the way to the bottom of your list and get rid of every
item in your trash. Be sure you want to get rid of them cause when
they are gone their gone for good.
                                                                Woody in KC
Now, no one on this list would be the least bit sarcastic, would they ?

jw wrote:
> -- What I want to know is --- as
> you delete postings and they go to a trash bin somewhere, aren't they
> still taking up room on your hard drive? (I told you I was new.) I'm
> using Netscape 7, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to
> access the trash bin to see if it has a zillion bytes of artsednet talk.
> Any unsarcastic information/advice will be appreciated. J.

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15

This one soars: