Re: Liability insurance (was Re: scissors and safety

---------

From: jw (jmwjeann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 15:29:30 PST

Thanks again, Maggie! I'm going to call this week. J.

p.s. The focus of the in-service I mentioned was student violence and
our liability, with special emphasis on how naive and unprepared private
schools are. Of course, it was about more than scissors -- presented a
powerful wake-up call regarding student bullying and teasing-- but the
scissors image really got my attention. I've been extremely careful
about monitoring x-acto knives (scream a reply if you think I'm crazy to
even allow juniors and seniors to use them for specific tasks), but it
never dawned on me to worry about violence with scissors. At the end of
that very intense afternoon session, I was ready to retire.

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/
---