Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: More Art Yearbook Pages (last years)

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 08:09:39 PST

It's one of the lessons featured on my CD.
We did simple stylized figures (2) cut from corrugated cardboard.
Then connected them with 3 - 4 inch strips of cardboard. The
sculpture was covered with paper mache and painted white prior
to decorating with acrylic. Students choose a famous artist to
decorate their sculpture in the style of.
                        A long project, Woody

Amy wrote:
> woody, i LOVE the sculpture lesson with the bright colors....looks like they
> are papier mache and COULD be figures...
> not to be a beggar, but i'd LOVE the lesson plan or the general idea if you
> can bear to part with it. my 7/8 grade 3d class would just love that.
> --
> art teacher in Kansas City
> ---

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons