Slab Sculpture

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 18:20:07 PST

A request came through for sculpture ideas, so I put together
a web page about what my eight graders are doing now. After we
drew and painted from my Hopi Kachina dolls we began doing
Native American inspired slab sculptures. The armatures have
cones of rolled up newspaper on them which we remove after
a day or so of constructing.
        http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/SlabSculpture/Slab.html
                or page two:
        http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/SlabSculpture/Slab2.html
Some of the students finished theirs on Friday, most others will be
done on Monday. We plan to let them dry for two weeks before firing.
Check back after we glaze them.
                                                                Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons