scratchboard

---------

From: Frances Briggs (frances.briggs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 18:00:25 PST

Hi Judy and other writers and readers,

I was looking at your website and saw an interesting lesson on music and art
with Romare Bearden and Stuart Davis. I would like to do a lesson on
drawing intruments too - it seems like a great idea - I need to start this
lesson on Monday though and I don't have any real instruments for the
students to draw from. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get some from the
music dept.on Monday morning so I was thinking of bringing in some photos.
Maybe I should have them laminated. The lesson is on scratchboard (silver
covered with black coating). Do you think this will work out? I'll have to
seek out the photos. Do you have any suggestions for scratchboard or
music-related lessons? I appreciate your help.
Frances

by the way, i saw some neat scratchboard happenings with ken schwab's
students - thanks for the inspiration!

---