Re: Need advice on retirement plan

---------

From: jw (jmwjeann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 15:49:55 PST

wduncan@kc.rr.com wrote:

>I'm a big believer in before tax income invested in the market
>through a 403B plan. But with the steady fall in stocks over the
>past two years why listen to someone who has lost 50% of his
>value and is still investing. Find a good Mutual Fund company that
>does not charge a load. There are lots of them. If you have 30 or
>more years till you retire you should begin a steady investment
>of perhaps $200 a month. You will be surprised how you won't even
>miss it. Good luck on becoming a millionaire.
> Woody in KC
>

>Hello Woody and Krista:

I've just stumbled upon your exchange, and I'm one of those people whose
been putting $300 a month in a 403B and watched it drop like a rock.
 However, the list of funds that I have to choose from does not include
a no-load fund. And I keep re-running in my mind the old addage "buy
low sell high", so I feel like I should just stay with the funds I've
got. By the way, I'm in my fifties, so you can imagine the stress I'm
feeling. I really don't expect a reply; I'm just venting. J.

--
http://shopnow.netscape.com/
---