Re: clay

---------

From: Amy (ashapley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 15:46:35 PST

on 3/29/03 5:36 PM, Frances Briggs at frances.briggs@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> by the way, we are using self-hardening clay
>

> ---

i have the kids bring in a pringles can (or anything cylindrical) and wrap
slab clay around it. then they have to create a design on the container
that has inscision (cutting into the clay but not through it) addition
(adding clay to the surface) and subtraction (cutting the clay away to leave
'holes'). they make great candle holders.

--
Amy....an art teacher in Kansas City
---