Re: scissors and safety

---------

From: Frances Briggs (frances.briggs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 15:28:50 PST

there are "safety scissors" you can buy that don't have pointy ends. I
haven't had problems with scizzors except that I noticed that some students
were breaking the handles so I told my students that if they broke the
handles, we would run out of functioning scissors and there wouldn't be
enough left to do our projects. I told them that the school only gave me a
certain number of them, so we have to preserve them and take care of them.
It helps if you can count them at the end of class, if there is time. Also
you can give your tables or desks numbers, and number the sissors to match
the tables, that way the students have the same sissors everyday. I haven't
had issues with safety - it's important not to let any sissors leave the
classroom.
Frances