Re: PAINT PANGS

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 13:35:17 PST

Amy wrote:

> this 'buy' idea is FABULOUS! i am definitely going to use it.
> how do you do it with your age group? with my elementary schoolers, i think
> actually paper coins or something may be fun.

I give each student a sheet of paper listing prices for brushes and
paint. At the bottom is the "ledger" that I fill out each time they
"buy" something--and _I_ fill it out. I tell them it's like their
wallet; if they lose it, they won't have any money to spend. It's also
a good record of what they've bought so when they have to turn supplies
back in I can assess if they've returned everything.

You're right, the coins sound like fun, and would be pretty effective
for teaching how to add/subtract/make change. How would they keep track
of their money from day to day or week to week, though?

Maggie

---