Re: PAINT PANGS

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 07:15:24 PST

    When I was teaching, I often had 8 back to back classes a day (K-5.) It
really helped to have many sets of brushes and palette trays available
because there was no time between classes to wash them. Most of the time my
art room helpers and I did the washing and restocking during our lunch
recess. For palette trays (using Chromacryl) I used the plastic frozen
entree plates that parents donated over the years. I tried the pump system
but had many problems with it. So I stored the paint in those plastic bowls
for dairy topping and served it out using tongue depressors or spatulas.
    One comment about the original post from Yolanda. Her current problem
started when a substitute was unable to control the paint process. I think
Yolanda would like to hear your ideas about classroom paint management when
you are NOT there for an extended period. We all know what happens when the
cat is away.

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                Art teacher, K-5, retired

---