Re: PAINT PANGS

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 19:55:41 PST

I used acrilic paints with 1-3rd graders for 6 years
without incident. 1 month with 6th graders and I
doubt that I'll ever trust them with acrylic again...
Its officially on my list of special things for
special students - my acknowledgement system for the
consistently hardworking students.

I have markers or crayons available for students who
cannot handle paint and other materials appropriately.
 If the assignment can be completed with these
materials, they can receive a reduced grade; if not
they get a zero.

I also have alternate assignments for students who
cannot handle themselves appropriately.

One or two of these tactics has helped cure most of
the impulsive tendencies to flick or wipe paint where
it doesn't belong.

Good luck!