Re: ALTERED BOOKS - GLUE QUESTION

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 15:12:15 PST

Wow- I think there's a real cultural difference between our schools! One of
my students was cutting out his pages and made a comment about being able to
hide his CD's from his older brother! I can understand your admin's point,
but it's sad that a project that inspires students has to be curtailed. I am
going to start posting photos of my student's books in process - SO many
neat ideas! :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> I did this once with about 15 pages in the front saved as pages to paint
on
> and the rest of the book glued together and carved out. The carving was
> horrible--we just used x-acto knives and it took forever. The gluing was
very
> fast--just get a brush with diluted white glue and paint it on the pages
as
> you flip them forward. Then my principal wouldn't let me do it again
because
> he felt it was a natural place to hide drugs and weapons and I shouldn't
be
> encouraging students to do it! Sid

---