classroom organization

---------

From: Amy (ashapley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 12:43:33 PST

first , let me introduce myself...i'm new to the list. i'm amy and i teach
prek-8 at a catholic school in kansas city, mo. this list is SO exciting to
me. in my school, sans district, i never get to meet with other art
teachers. the idea sharing has me so excited.

anyway...
I got a great review this year...made me very happy...except for one
thing...the same thing i hear every year from principals and teachers who
have offices that are dusted and carpeted...
"the art room is so MESSY!!"
actually, my principal is pretty cool about it, but it got me thinking about
how i really should put more of an emphasis on it.
so let's start sharing a list of the very best idea you have for organizing
your classroom.

i'll start with an idea and when you get this, if you'd like to add, delete
everything besides the list of ideas, add yours to the bottom, and send it
on. in a day or so, we will all have a printable list of organization
ideas.

IDEAS FOR ORGANIZING THE ART ROOM

     *ziplock bags...they are my saviors. i have to move from room to room
a lot, and other teachers borrow my supplies, too. i put all the glue
sticks in one bag, all the mask molds in another, etc. then when i need to
move, i grap the bag, all closed up so nothing spills out, easy to carry.
when i get a new box of crayons, they all go in a ziplock bag. who needs a
broken box? and its cheaper than plastic boxes. submitted by amy in kc

--
Amy...an art teacher in Kansas City
---