Re: ALTERED BOOKS - GLUE QUESTION

---------

From: Sid Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 12:36:39 PST

I did this once with about 15 pages in the front saved as pages to paint on
and the rest of the book glued together and carved out. The carving was
horrible--we just used x-acto knives and it took forever. The gluing was very
fast--just get a brush with diluted white glue and paint it on the pages as
you flip them forward. Then my principal wouldn't let me do it again because
he felt it was a natural place to hide drugs and weapons and I shouldn't be
encouraging students to do it! Sid
Sue Stewart wrote:

> Can someone who has done this project please share what glue you use? Do
> you glue the whole page or just the edges? Does this take as much time as
> I think it will (gluing pages)?

---