Re: interview come back

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 07:06:06 PST

Good points. I will joke no more.

In my early years an interviewer told me to ask about budget(I had not as
he volunteered). He said his best teachers were always those that spent the
most money and were concerned about having an adequate supply of funds. I
don't know how this plays today, but I would want to know about budget
futures.

Also, I brought along a series of sketchbook assignment handouts that I
developed to a more recent interview. Tha schol board member who was a
former teacher now practicing artist said, "Now this is someone who knows
how to teach art." I don't know if she had that much influence that it got
me the job, but it certainly helped. If you've developed something
useful/innovative, bring it along. Your portfolio need not just be your
artwork, it is your school work. Tell 'em curriculum is your medium and
then show how you get ideas across.
Christa

---