Re: Palm or Hand Held computers...

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 05:22:17 PST

you can get both a palm and computer in the new tablet computers...they
are laptops and computers at the same time (cool...)

>>> lseiler@ez-net.com 03/27/03 06:26PM >>>
Just curious...I'm going to be next year one of two Technology
Integration
Instructors for our district. Funny that as an artist/art teacher I
have
evolved to be considered such, and perhaps that is more a measure just
how
behind times many of our staff is. At any rate, I will as a reward
for
taking on this task of 20 hours instruction before or after school to
other
staff (how to use technology in their curriculum), be given $1000 to be
used
for peripherals, software, etc., of my own use.

I have a good digital cdrom camera already. Was considering adding a
couple
Wacom digital tablets....but, then the thought crossed my mind. What
about
a palm or handheld computer?

Not sure how many applications to art they may have other than grading
and
note taking, though I did see a paint program called "Teal Paint"
http://www.tealpoint.com/softpnt.htm

Thought perhaps I'd toss this out to you fine folks here. Anyone use
any of
the handhelds out there? Insights on the pros and cons,
advantages...recommendations on brands...etc., ???

We have mostly Macs at our school...so I suppose those that have OS
would be
best.

Thanks for any input...

Larry Seiler