Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Palm or Hand Held computers...

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 05:22:17 PST

you can get both a palm and computer in the new tablet computers...they
are laptops and computers at the same time (cool...)

>>> 03/27/03 06:26PM >>>
Just curious...I'm going to be next year one of two Technology
Instructors for our district. Funny that as an artist/art teacher I
evolved to be considered such, and perhaps that is more a measure just
behind times many of our staff is. At any rate, I will as a reward
taking on this task of 20 hours instruction before or after school to
staff (how to use technology in their curriculum), be given $1000 to be
for peripherals, software, etc., of my own use.

I have a good digital cdrom camera already. Was considering adding a
Wacom digital tablets....but, then the thought crossed my mind. What
a palm or handheld computer?

Not sure how many applications to art they may have other than grading
note taking, though I did see a paint program called "Teal Paint"

Thought perhaps I'd toss this out to you fine folks here. Anyone use
any of
the handhelds out there? Insights on the pros and cons,
advantages...recommendations on brands...etc., ???

We have mostly Macs at our I suppose those that have OS
would be

Thanks for any input...

Larry Seiler