Re: Interview Come Backs

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 04:56:23 PST

Subject: Interview Come Backs
From: ejb35@columbia.edu
> I don't need any loose cannons making problems for me in my
> relationships with the profession. Think about this before any
> come backs.

hey...anyone know there's a war on, that schools are cuttin' back, teachers
are getting laid off everywhere? I think there's room here in this forum to
lighten up a bit....you know!

Now...talk about professional, how professional to have a candidate drive
near 3 hours to ask one question about where the administrator likes to
fish? That was professional? Give me a break! If you can't laugh and make
light of that situation...you have an environment that I wouldn't want to
work in any way! IMHO....

Tell you what...not only might I benefit from them giving a good word about
my interview, but they might find trouble down the road when the word gets
out about how they treat candidates. I ended up winning Wisconsin's
Wildlife Artist of the Year 2 years after that interview, won our state
Inland Trout Stamp, and now a member of the National Academy of Professional
Plein Air Painters.... know how stupid that makes those professionals up at
that school appear now?

I'm not suggesting stupid for not hiring me, but stupid for not giving me
respect for a proper interview after my efforts to get there and to prepare.
If that isn't something worth making jest of...then I don't get it! Then
again...I was interviewing for art, and maybe they don't see and treat art
teachers as professionals...thus perhaps I wasn't due the respect of a
decent interview!

Larry S.

---