Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Palm or Hand Held computers...

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 03:21:22 PST

I use my palm for discipline; I keep notes on behavior as my class move
around the school. I also take it with the folding keyboard to
conferences and meetings. The battery will last all day; the lap top
lasts 2 - 3 hours of use time. The palm is instant start; the laptop has
to boot and even when I put it in hibernation mode it takes time to
start it.

I don't know if it would be very good for art applications. The only
thing I can think of is note taking. When I go out with my digital
camera, I take my palm also. When I take pictures, I write notes about
what is in the photo. This is especially true when I go to museums, and
other exhibits.
Kimberly Herbert