Calder circus

---------

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 22:33:32 PST

My 2nd grade class made Calder circuses with telephone wire. I used a large
round pizza cardboard and sat at a table and the kids brought me their
pieces and I hot glued and poked them in. Some of them worked in groups and
some alone. They did lions and hoops, clowns with balloons,etc. I rigged a
high wire with a coat hanger across the middle and we hung some high wire
artists across it. Some people did the audience with round circles and then
drew faces ( on a piece of heavy paper) They turned out great. I think I
have some photos around somewhere if you are interested.
       Jeryl

---