warhols redux

---------

From: David Meadows (dmeadows_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 17:23:09 PST

A while ago I mentioned my 'warhol project' ... now I've got a slightly different angle. I've been playing around with Adobe Photoshop Elements (as I often do) and found that a really nice warhol effect can be had with a 'recipe' that's included. It's called 'coloring book' and is really simple to follow step by step. I began with a photo of the prima porta augustus and made the background white and followed the recipe. In roughly 10 minutes I had an excellent 'panel' in the warhol style. I can see getting students to either download images of stars off the net or (better) bringing in an 8x10 of themselves and doing this. Even better, though, I can see them stitching six such images together and just leaving it on the server so I can use it to assemble a slide show which could easily be displayed via the web or (even more better) as a corel presentations thing running in a continuous loop during education week ... cost of materials:nothing.

--
David Meadows, dmeadows@idirect.com on 03/27/2003
---