Re: Palm or Hand Held computers...

---------

From: carolyn roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 16:44:44 PST

Larry,
I have a B&W Palm that I bought a few years ago and I've used it. But I
just bought a Dell Axim handheld PC...in fact, it just came in today. I
added a multimedia card that I can use to transfer photos from my digital
camera, and a fold-up keyboard. I tried one at school and I was impressed
with it. Now, I've got to find out what kind of imaging software and paint
programs are available for it.

I'm interested in what others have to say about these.
Carolyn Roberts

Was considering adding a couple
> Wacom digital tablets....but, then the thought crossed my mind. What
about
> a palm or handheld computer?
>
> Not sure how many applications to art they may have other than grading and
> note taking, though I did see a paint program called "Teal Paint"
> http://www.tealpoint.com/softpnt.htm
>
> Thought perhaps I'd toss this out to you fine folks here. Anyone use any
of
> the handhelds out there? Insights on the pros and cons,
> advantages...recommendations on brands...etc., ???
>
> We have mostly Macs at our school...so I suppose those that have OS would
be
> best. > Larry Seiler

---