Palm or Hand Held computers...

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 15:26:43 PST

Just curious...I'm going to be next year one of two Technology Integration
Instructors for our district. Funny that as an artist/art teacher I have
evolved to be considered such, and perhaps that is more a measure just how
behind times many of our staff is. At any rate, I will as a reward for
taking on this task of 20 hours instruction before or after school to other
staff (how to use technology in their curriculum), be given $1000 to be used
for peripherals, software, etc., of my own use.

I have a good digital cdrom camera already. Was considering adding a couple
Wacom digital tablets....but, then the thought crossed my mind. What about
a palm or handheld computer?

Not sure how many applications to art they may have other than grading and
note taking, though I did see a paint program called "Teal Paint"
http://www.tealpoint.com/softpnt.htm

Thought perhaps I'd toss this out to you fine folks here. Anyone use any of
the handhelds out there? Insights on the pros and cons,
advantages...recommendations on brands...etc., ???

We have mostly Macs at our school...so I suppose those that have OS would be
best.

Thanks for any input...

Larry Seiler

---