NAEA - Arts Resource & Advocacy CD

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 19:47:32 PST

Hi all,

I just wanted to make you aware of an arts resource and advocacy CD that
will be for sale at the Art Educators of Minnesota welcome table across from
the registration area at the Mpls. Convention Center during NAEA. The CD is
one that I compiled over many months and then reworked last week to make
sure all links to the internet were still viable.

Over 350 categorized hyperlinked resources for art educators are included on
this CD featuring links to sites in 27 areas including:

Adult Learners Book Arts Multicultural
Arts Advocacy Ceramics Painting
Art Careers Contemporary Art Publications
Art History Drawing Art Schools
Art Materials Interdisciplinary Sculpture
Art Museums K-12 Art Ed. Technology

In addition, the following features are also included:

Bulleted listing of arts advocacy points

Hyperlinked information regarding the electronic contemporary art
publication, art-themagazine.com

The Functions of Art -
a multi-part definition of a variety of roles that art plays helping to
illustrate its importance

A series of art rubrics that have been fashioned to help assess student work
in both the areas of Literature and the Arts and Inquiry

An introduction to ArtsConnected, the interactive website of the Minneapolis
Institute of Art and the Walker Art Center

The CD will be available in limited quantity for $8.00 apiece.

I look forward to seeing you in Minneapolis!

Kevan Nitzberg
AEM President Elect

---