Re: xerox transfer with acetone

---------

From: jlb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 18:51:04 PST

> Have you ever tried the layers of gesso? It works
> well - you just have to rub the paper a lot to get it
> transparent. I made some transfers this way and stuck
> them to glass.

Hi Susan,
What's the deal with layers of gesso?
What is inolved?
I've done this technique with layers of medium and varnish very successfully
with kids.
Just takes a lot of patience to build up the layers.
I just finished a piece of work for a show using photo transfer methods and
then worked into it with pastel.
Turned out cool.

thanks,
Gelato