Re: art school

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 13:45:47 PST

    My MA required an oral exam, thesis AND exhibit of my work! The only
thing added for the MFA candidates was 30 additional quarter hours of
courses, which included 2 minors, one of which had to be outside the College
of the Arts. Since I continued to teach while I was working on my master's,
the MA was the best choice for me. It was hard enough getting in one minor,
which I took in the summers.

                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

> At Wisconsin the MA had an exam at the end, but the MFA required a full
> gallery
> exhibit and orals. I have no regrets about investing the extra year and extra
> effort required.

---