Re: crayon artists?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 12:33:05 PST

My favorite artist is Grandma Layton, who did many many artworks in crayon - she felt her art was therapy and refused to sell them during her lifetime. If rumors are true, she even turned down an offer from the White House to buy one of her works.
http://www.courtyardgallery.com/avis_garrett.htm
http://faculty.indy.cc.ks.us/jnull/introlayton.htm
http://www.kckpl.lib.ks.us/finearts/PERMART/layton.htm

~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  does anyone know of an artist or website that features wax crayons as the media (not conte or encaustic)? i want to show my students examples (other than mine) of how crayons can be layered and blended to create realistic effects. i'm looking at crayons as an "advanced" art media, not just for coloring in. thanks!!!

  wendy free

---