Re: art school

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 09:41:42 PST

> they looked at alt. cert. teachers LAST!

Wow, that's too bad. I was offered a job at my second interview, took
the job on my third interview, and didn't know I was supposed to have a
portfolio of art (as I see discussed on this list a lot) or contacts at
colleges in the state and had gotten my MFA ten years sooner. Maybe
because my degree was exactly the subject matter, and I listed my high
teacher-test scores on my resume? My school's test scores in the arts
have gone up 17% in the two years I've been here, so they're satisfied
so far.

---