Re: what to wear to an interview

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 08:07:42 PST

Yes, Ellen, I was the panicked one who asked. I loved all the reponses,
even though they often contradicted each other. I asked my principal
about it and she said "You can't be overdressed." That put it in a
nutshell for me, though, as Ken said to me, they should hire me on my
merits and not for the shoes I'm wearing.

BTW, I had an INFORMAL meeting with the assistant principal on Monday.
I wore school clothes--khakis, nice T, vest, and BIRKENSTOCKS. He took
me on a tour of the school and we talked quiet a long time. Keep your
fingers crossed for me, you guys, I want this job! I'm excited about
it, I daydream about it. The district and school are very
arts-friendly, in spite of being labeled by the state as
underperforming. With a high minority (Mexican) student population,
they see the arts as a vehicle for teaching English. The art room is
even nicer than mine, and I always thought mine was great. I pointed
out it was obviously built to be an art room (3 sinks! Tons of
cabinets! Big storage room!).

I had an application and resume and other documents ready to hand over
after the meeting. While in Tucson I spent a lot of money on a nice
interview outfit. Now I hope I can wow the principal and art teacher in
the near future.

Maggie

"Sears, Ellen" wrote:

> I just spent the last three weeks on our principal interview committee - I
> had to laugh when we had the post (Maqggie?) about what to wear to an
> interview...

---