Re: art school

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 06:44:43 PST

> Is a MFA more credits than an MA??

At the University of Wisconsin it was another full year. At the University of
Oklahoma, it is a year shorter, the same as an MA at Wisconsin - it just depends
on where you go, and whether you are going for the initials or that particular
program! There is a reference book - don't remember the name it's been a long
time - at any large University library that compares the requirements for
entering and completeing most graduate programs including the MFA.

At Wisconsin the MA had an exam at the end, but the MFA required a full gallery
exhibit and orals. I have no regrets about investing the extra year and extra
effort required.

---