OSH Answers Working Safely with Acetone (isn't there a safer substance to use ??)

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 04:59:03 PST

Hi,
Here is what the safety experts have to say about working with acetone....
There has to be a safer way for you to make transfers. I try not to expose myself to these nasty chemicals if at all possible.
 I worked for years as a Graphic Designer with Bestine (containing dangerous benzene). We used to pour it on our hands to clean off the excess wax, and use it on cloth to clean up the "paste ups"..(I sound sooo old !!!) now it's all computerized !
I've often wondered what that constant exposure did to my system.
(Just as an aside, I'm a leukemia survivor, 7 years now)

 http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemicals/chem_profiles/acetone/working_ace.html

hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

---