Re: BFA vs. Art Ed

---------

From: Kara LiCausi (klicausi_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 04:59:33 PST

    I just wanted to respond concerning the differences between an Art Ed major and a Fine Arts major. I attended Alfred University in New York and recieved a BFA in Art Education. I concentrated in painting and drawing, and the only difference between my degree and the students who only recieved a BFA in painting was that I came back for a ninth semester to student teach. We were of course required to take a few education classes, but we took those while the other students were taking liberal arts classes. It worked out perfectly, because I recieved a great deal of studio experience while also recieving my certification.
    I would check into the two programs at your school. Good luck!
Kara at Northport

---