what to wear to an interview

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 04:44:36 PST

I just spent the last three weeks on our principal interview committee - I
had to laugh when we had the post (Maqggie?) about what to wear to an
interview...

Of the people sitting around the table last night -

One in jean shorts and tennis shoes, another in a running suit, three in
casual wear, one in a suit (he came from his law office), a nice little
Talbotts sweater set, and a white T with a black jacket tied around the
waist.... and the interviewees were both in straight office business attire.
In all of our meetings - it was pretty much the same. T

here hasn't been one comment about what anyone was wearing (except from me
to the mom in the shorts - is that what you're wearing? - at least it is
better than the tennis dress from last week) - but I had to wonder what the
people we were interviewing thought (our school is one of the top
performing in the state and in one of the most affluent areas - can't these
people afford to dress up?)

Ellen

---