Re: wire/hose sculpture paint?

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 04:21:02 PST

Most house paints start from a white base, and are mixed with many different tints to reach their color, and so they often present a purity problem for true color theory mixing. Colors often turn out muddy. Ask for half pint samples and experiment before investing in a pallette. However, I really enjoy working with latex house paints, and they're great for larger scale works like murals. Discuss this purity problem and your project ideas with the paint technician at a local paint store....they might even donate them to you if they're to be used in a classroom.
Mark
 Occasm@aol.com wrote:Hello,
I'd like to run an idea I have about painting the wire/hose sculptures. I like using acrylic on these sculptures as oppose to tempera because the tempera cracks too much. I used acrylic a couple of times but I'm going through it too fast.
      I would like to use cheap flat interior latex paint like Sharon Kennedy has used, but my question is this: If I buy the primary colors from a home store will it mix well to get secondary and tertiary colors. To make my life easier and to teach the kids about color mixing I would like to stick to just the primaries. I think it's also easier to pour latex than the thick acrylic from the bottles. I hate those pumps too. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

mike sacco
pj Gelinas Jr. HIgh
Setauket, L.I. NY ---