Arts sidelined

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 21:08:50 PST

> I keep thinking that at some point, people will realize that the arts
> are important.

The arts survive because they are a human necessity. Disappear all the arts
programs and people will still make.
Maybe we have to pay attention a little more, as to why we make as opposed
to how we make.

> Some of the people that I work with are the
> LEAST supportive of the arts- and they're EDUCATORS!

Yeah, and I'm finding a lot of those people to be guidance counselors. You
can't make a living in art.....

> Look at school funding.
> Education is just not a priority in our country- Our community is
> griping about building a new middle school when the old one has walls
> cracked and falling, and is at least 60 years old.

Much better to spend billions of dollars on a country that we will bomb to
bits first. And I heard today that a lot of that money will go into
education for the bombees. (OOH, and that's after we've done such a grand
job in Afghanistan)

I'm having a real hard time doing my taxes this year.

Patty

---