RE: Red Cross "Care Boxes"

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 19:29:59 PST

The Pentagon has asked that we NOT send packages or mail unless we
actually know the person. They have limited room and mail from unknown
people is danger to the troops. An alternative is to provide money or
items to the Red Cross, other charity that can transport the supplies,
or maybe contact a family support group of a active or reserve unit give
the items to the family member who can send it on to the troops. You
could also do work to support the families of those deployed.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Herbert