Re: xerox transfer with acetone

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 16:20:57 PST

Susan -

I experimented a lot last year, and I did have to rub
the back.

Turpenoid works well. I don't think you have to prime
the canvas, but your images may not show up well. I
guess it depends on how ghostly you want them to be.

I think the toner will rub off if you try it on metal.
 Have you ever tried the layers of gesso? It works
well - you just have to rub the paper a lot to get it
transparent. I made some transfers this way and stuck
them to glass.

I'd love to find good methods for transfers onto
nonporous methods that are a little more direct.

Have fun! Dawn

--- Susan Holland
I am wondering how you use acetone to