Re: art school

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 16:07:09 PST

Hi Mark...and Joe,
   Check and see if you can get a MA in a studio area. That is the route I
was able to take and my school district honored the MA with no questions.
In fact, I was able to get a jump on the salary schedule step a lot sooner
than if I had worked on a MFA.
However, if at some point you want to teach a studio course at the
college/university level, then a MFA is almost mandatory.

               Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
               Art teacher, K-5, retired
               BS Art Education, Edinboro State College of PA
               MA Printmaking and History of Art, The Ohio State University

---